Filming Week 2


This week I started to film footage for my opening.

First, I took a pan video of the sunrise one morning. I thought this footage could be used when Mickey has his voice over. This would be a good beginning to introduce the character and set the mood. It gives off a feeling of reflection and renewal, comparable to Waldo's return to school. Then I took a video of Mickey giving his voice over that will play over this scene.


I managed to film his bookcase as well which could be included in the beginning lineup to emphasize his exposure to the outside world, as I mentioned in my last post. After this, I got a few shots of Mickey putting his hat on and grabbing his backpack to get out to the car and head to school.

 

Next, I took some footage in school to grasp Waldo's character as a high school student. I took several shots of him walking through the hallways. His acting made him seem interested and perplexed in this new environment. This was a long shot. I got footage of Mickey walking away and towards the camera to add variation to the film opening. 


As Mickey walked closer to the camera, he turned and then it became an over the shoulder shot. This opened up the setting so the viewer can be more familiar with what they are watching. I was initially hoping to film his interactions with other students, however the fact that he remains alone shows his physical separation from society. This limitation will actually benefit the final product. 


I did get some footage of Mickey walking into the classroom with the camera following close behind then ending with a medium shot. This worked out perfectly because the other student's were not expecting us to walk in when we did. The people in the background did not acknowledge him and his entrance. His expression when he sat down was perfect: a unique student prepared for class.






Comments